This Masala Powder is used in Karnataka for vegetarian & non-vegetarian curry/gravy dish. It may slightly vary from family to family.
For 1kg Powder:
- Dry Red chilly: 1kg (guntur)
- Coriander Seeds: 1kg
- Black Chickpea (Bengal Gram): 1/2kg
- Turmeric Sticks: 200gm
- Sun Dry all ingredients.
- Dry roast all ingredients separately. Let it cool.
- Mix all ingredients & grind to smooth powder or you can also get it done from a flour-mill.
- Spread the powder on a news paper to cool it & to avoid it from getting dark brown colour.
- Once cooled store it in an air tight container.
- Put one layer press it tight do this for each layer so it gets compressed, so it retains the freshness & lasts long.
You can also try our other spice powders recipes.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P