- Gherkins/ Ivy Gourd/ Tindora: 1/4 kg
- Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (finely chopped)
- Sambar Powder: 1 tsp (recipe here)
- Coconut (grated): 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves: 6-7
- Coriander/Cilantro: 4 strings (chopped)
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Salt: to salt
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves: to garnish (optional)
- Wash & cut gherkins into 4 pieces (if small cut into 2 pieces).
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, when it crackles add curry leaves.
- Add onion saute till golden brown.
- Add tomato saute till completely cooked.
- Add gherkins stir for 1 minute.
- Add sambar powder stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water bring it to boil.
- Add salt, stir & close the lid.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- When water is almost evaporated & only little water remains.
- Add coconut & coriander, stir & lower the heat till water evaporates completely & becomes dry.
- Gherkins Stir Fry is ready.
- Garnish with mint leaves & serve with roti, chapati or as a side dish with rice sambar.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P