This rice is simple to prepare and not much spicy, it is prepared instead of white rice to serve with Non-Veg stew (curry) tastes delicious. This is Karnataka cuisine prepared in functions and famous in villages.
- Raw Rice: 1 glass
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 2 glasses
- Onion: 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Kapok Buds/ Shalmali/ Marathi Moggu: 4
- Cardamom: 2
- Bay leaf: 2
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Clove: 6
- Cinnamon: 5 inch
- Cardamom: 2
- Garlic: 20 (small size)
- Ginger: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Coconut: 2 tbsp (grated)
- Coriander: 3 tbsp (chopped)
Note: As this is served with spicy curry, no chilly or spice powders added.
- Grind all the ingredients with little water. Keep side.
- Heat oil In the pressure cooker.
- Add kapok buds, cardamom & bay leaves, fry for few seconds.
- Add onion, saute till light golden color.
- Add grind paste, saute till raw smell goes.
- Add water & bring it to boil.
- Add salt & rice.
- Taste, adjust salt if required.
- Close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Tempered Rice/Vagarane Anna is ready to serve with chicken curry or mutton curry.
- Mutton Curry/Mutton Sambar
- Spicy Pongal / Khara Pongal
- Chicken Pakhi Biryani
- Lemon Rice / Chitranna
- Plain Rice / White Rice
- Sweet Pongal/Sihi Pongal
- Green Peas Ghee Rice
- Corn Rice
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P