- Cooked Rice: 3 cups
- Onion: 1
- Green Chilly: 3-4 (adjust to your taste)
- Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Groundnuts / Peanuts: 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves: 6-7
- Cashew Nuts: 7 (optional)
- Lemon Juice: 1 and 1/2 tbsp (can be increased or decreased according to your taste)
- Turmeric Powder: 2 pinch
- Bengal Gram: 1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut: 2 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
Cooked rice should be at room temperature before using to avoid lumps.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and green chilly.
- Add Bengal Gram.
- Add groundnuts, saute for few second.
- Add cashew nuts saute till it gets slightly roasted.
- Add onion and 1/2 tsp salt saute till onion gets slightly golden brown.
- Add turmeric and salt to taste, mix.
- Add cooked rice, mix gently for few seconds.
- Add coconut, mix.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice, mix.
- Lemon Rice / Chitranna is ready to serve.
- Corn Rice
- Green Peas Ghee Rice
- Spicy Pongal/Khara Pongal
- Sweet Pongal/Sihi Pongal
- Tempered Rice/Tadka Chawal/Vagarane Anna
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P