- Coconut (grated): 1 cup
- Poppy Seeds/Khus-khus: 2 tbsp
- Raw Rice: 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cardamom: 2 (powdered)
- Jaggery: 3/4 cup (increase or decrease to taste)
- Dry roast poppy seeds & rice separately till they become fragrant & changes its colour. Set aside to cool.
- Grind poppy seeds, rice & coconut with some water to smooth paste.
- Pour it to nonstick pan.
- Add jaggery, bring it to boil.
- Keep stirring till it becomes thick & the raw smell goes.
- Add water if it is too thick.
Note: It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Add cardamom powder, stir for 5 sec & off the heat.
- Kai Haalu/Coconut Sweet Milk is ready to serve hot with fresh rice noodles/shavige or holige/oobattu, this can also be served as a drink.
- Rice Noodles/Shavige/ Sevai
- Basundi/Milk Pudding
- Vermicelli Pudding/Siveyan Kheer/Shavige Payasa
- Dumroot/Ash Gourd Pudding/Kashi Halwa/Petha Halwa/White Pumpkin Halwa
- Apple Delight
- Roots Halwa
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P