- All Purpose Flour (maida): 2 cup
- semolina (Rava): 1/4cup
- Sugar: 1/2tsp
- Yogurt: 1/2cup
- Salt: 1/2tsp
- Baking Powder: 1/2tsp
- Water: 3/4cup (till the dough becomes soft & tight)
- Oil: for deep fry
- In a mixing bowl add maida, semolina, sugar, baking powder, salt & mix well.
- Add yogurt & mix.
- Add water & make dough.
- Add maida or water if needed to get proper consistency.
- Knead it for 5 min.
- Apply oil on top.
- Rest it for 2hrs.
- After 2hrs, make balls.
- Roll it to 6 inches, dust flour to help rolling.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan on high flame.
- Check the oil is hot by dropping a small piece of dough in oil & dough should start floating immediately.
- Put batura into frying pan & press gently with a skimmer.
Note: Gently pressing & releasing batura with a skimmer makes batura to puff.
- Fry batura both sides.
- Remove batura when it truns light brown bothsides.
- Place it on a papper towel.
- Serve it with channa masala or any gravy.
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P