Halwa is a delicious deserts rich in proteins & vitamins but also contains fat & sugar. This is one of my experiment turned out well.
- Carrot: 3 (6inchs big)
- Beetroot: 1 big
- Sweet Potato: 1 big
- Sugar: 3/4cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Condensed Milk: 100gm
- Ghee: 3tbsp
- Cashewnuts: 8-10
- Raisins: 8
- Cardamom Powder: 1/4tsp
- Grate carrot, beetroot & sweet potato. mix well (roots).
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a nonstick pan.
- Fry cashewnuts & raisins remove to a plate.
- Add the grated roots, stir.
- Close the lid.
- Roots leaves water.
- Cook it for 10-15min till water evaporates
- Add sugar stir well for10min.
- Add milk stir in between.
- Milk starts clotting like grains.
- Add ghee, dry fruits & condensed milk.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Cook it for another 5mins.
- Colour changes to brown when cooked.
- Now Roots Halwa is ready to serve.
Halwa can be serve hot & chilled
Note: Keep stirring in between to avoid Halwa sticking to a pan.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P