- Green Tomato: 5 medium sizes
- Green chilly: 4
- Grated Coconut: 2tbsp
- Cumin: 1/2tsp
- Pepper: 5
- Coriander: 1/4handful
- Garlic: 5 big cloves
- Oil: 4tbsp
- Curry Leaves: 6
- Onion: 1 small (chopped)
- Mustard Seeds: 1/2tsp
- Salt: to taste
Note: Use green or semi green tomatoes which are just turning to red. You can also use desiccated coconut instead of coconut.
- Pressure cook tomato & chilly with 1 glass of water (for one vessel).
- Separate tomato & chilly from water.
- Store water don’t drain it.
- Grind coconut, cumin, pepper, coriander & garlic.
- Add tomato & chilly to grind.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Add onion, 1/4tsp salt & curry leaves.
- Saute onion till it turns light brown.
- Add grind mixture, saute it for 5min.
- Add 1/2 glass of stored water.
- Add salt & close the lid till it gets thick & leaves oil on top.
- Stir in between.
- Cook with low flame.
Non stick pan is preferred for cooking.
Note: You can also cook tomato & chilly without pressure cooker till tomatoes gets soft. Don’t add too much of water.
Tomato chutney is ready to serve. This goes well with riceflour roti/akki roti. You can also serve this with Indian breads.
This can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P