- Semolina/Sooji/Rava: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 1/4 cup
- Water or Milk: 2 1/2 cup
- Raisin: 6-8 num
- Cashewnuts: 6-8 num
- Saffron powder (Kesar powder): 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder: 1/4tsp
- Salt: pinch
Note: Butter can be used instead of ghee.
3-4 Saffron strings (Kesar) can be used instead of saffron powder (Kesar powder)
In 3 tbsp of water or milk mix saffron powder or saffron strings, keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Keep low flame.
- Add cashewnuts stir till it gets slightly light brown on the edges.
- Add raisin fry till it pops up like a balloon and changes color slightly.
- Add semolina/sooji fry till its colour changes to light gold & gives nice aroma.
- Add sugar & mix, immediately add water or milk & stir.
Note: To avoid lumps formation, sugar should be added before water or milk. I personally love to add milk instead of water.
- Now keep the flame high.
- Add salt, cardamom powder & saffron water, stir.
- Add sugar if required according to taste.
- Keep stirring until water evaporates & halwa starts separating from the pan.
- Now close the lid & turn Off the flame. Keep it closed for 5min.
- Semolina Pudding/Sooji Halwa/Kesari Bath is ready to serve hot.
To try Buy “ready to eat Semolina Pudding/Sooji Halwa/Kesari Bath" Here
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P