In South India (Karnataka) this gravy is given during post pregnancy (postpartum) to increase body heat so as to keep them warm which reduces the chances of getting infected from cold and cough. It is also said that it increases milk production. This is not recommended during pregnancy, others can have it like regular dish.
- Ghee: 1/2 tsp
- Dill Leaves/Sowa/Sabsige Soppu: 2 bunches
- Onion: 1 small
- Garlic: 20 cloves (if small)
- Coconut: 1/2 cup
- Veg/Non-Veg Masala Powder: 3tsp ( Recipe Here)
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add onion & garlic (20 cloves), saute till onion turns light brown.
- Add dill leaves saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Grind it to smooth paste with coconut & veg/non-veg masala powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic (10 cloves) till it turns light brown.
- Add paste & fry for 2mins.
- Add little water (small cup).
- It should be thick like chutney.
- Add salt & cook in low flame till it leaves oil.
- Dill Leaves gravy is ready to serve with rice or chapatti (Indian flat bread).
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P