- Chicken (boneless): 3/4 kg
- Onion: 1 big
- Tomato: 1 big
- Capsicum/Bell pepper: 1
- Red Chilly Powder: 3 tsp
- Pepper Powder: 2 pinch
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: Pinch
- Cashew nuts: 2 tsp (crushed)
- Coriander/Cilantro: 4 strings (finely chopped)
- Yogurt/Curds: 1 cup
- Ginger paste: 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Paste: 1/2 tsp
- Lemon: 1/2
- Olive oil: 1tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Wooden or Metal Skewers(Sheek): 8-9
Note: Yogurt/curds should be thick & should not contain water. You can also use red food colour.
- Wash & cut chicken into small pieces.
- Squeeze out water from chicken.
- Dice onion, tomato & capsicum.
Note: remove seeds from tomato.
- In a bowl add all marinate ingredients mix well.
- Taste it & adjust the seasoning.
- Add chicken, onion, tomato & capsicum, mix well.
- Refrigerate it for 2-4hrs (Preferably 4hrs).
Note: If you are using wooden skewers soak it in water for 20min.
- In to a skewer put 1 to 2 piece of chicken then 1 piece of tomato, capsicum & onion.
- Repeat this till the end of skewer.
- Repeat same to other skewers.
- Cover the tray with double layer of aluminum foil to avoid the baking tray from oil stains.
- Place the skewers on the tray.
Note: Skewers ends should be kept on the sides of the tray so that there should be gap between tray base & the chicken pieces.
- Preheat the oven for 10min to maximum temperature.
- Place the tray in oven.
- After 15min remove the tray, turn the chicken to other side & brush some oil on top. Put it back to oven near to top coil.
- Let it cook for another 15min or till it gets brown spots & dry.
- Remove it to the plate & serve hot with lemon wedges & onion rings.
- If you don’t have oven you can cook it on the non-stick griddle/ tava.
- No need of skewers.
- Place pieces on hot griddle.
- Cook one side for 2-3 min before turning to other side.
- Cook both sides till it’s cooked completely.
- Also fry vegetables in the same way.
- Chicken tikka is ready to serve with lemon wedges & onion rings.
You can also try:
Chicken Sheek Kabab
Tandoori Chicken/Spicy Roasted Chicken
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P