Aamras is popular dessert in Maharashtra & Gujarat, also known as mango shikarni. Usually it is served with puri or chapati (Indian breads) or as a simple dessert or with ice cream.
- Ripe Mango: 2 cups (peeled, deseed & diced)
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: 3-4 tbsp (increase or decrease to taste)
Note: Aamras should be sweet, if mango is sour (tangy) it requires more sugar. Usually jaggery is used instead of sugar. Jaggery gives more taste. You can also add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder & little ginger to it
for more flavor.
- In a blender blend all the ingredients to smooth paste.
- Pour it to a bowl.
- Aamras is ready to serve.
- It can also be refrigerated & served as dessert or with ice cream.
- Apple Delight
- Mango Milkshake
- Mango Ice Cream
- Banana Strawberry Milkshake
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Crunchy Juicy Apple
- Basundi/Milk Pudding
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P