- Milk: 1 liter (Full Fat Milk will be better)
- Sugar: 1/2cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom: 3
- Almond: 6
- Cashew nuts: 4
- Pista: 4
- Almond: 2 to garnish (optional)
- Pista: 3 to garnish (optional)
- Saffron: 3 strings (optional)
I like to make this with milk powder instead of milk, so that I can add more milk powder to get the required thickness. It also reduces my cooking time.
- Coarsely powder Almond, cashew nuts & pista.
- Boil the milk in a thick bottom pan with medium flame.
- Add almond powder, cashew nut powder & pista powder.
- Keep stirring in between.
Note: Adding almond powder makes milk thick & also gives good taste.
- Stir till milk reduces to half or becomes thick enough.
- Add sugar, saffron & stir for 5 more minutes.
- Coarsely grind cardamom & add to milk.
- Mix well & switch of the stove.
- Let it cool.
- Garnish with almond & pista.( You can add any dry fruits)
- Refrigerate & Serve it chilled.
Note: Basundi will be pouring consistency when it is hot. It gets thick when it cools down.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P