This is one of the most preferred food in the state of Karnataka. It is the food which is preferred instead of Rice. Its known for its Strength Properties & highly recommended diet by doctors to maintain the sugar levels (diabetic patients). Recommended to toddlers in the form of soup to increase the Immunity.
The method of eating is to wet your palm or the fingers (with Sambar or Curry) cut a piece of it dip it inside the Sambar or Curry and swallow (no chewing). It tastes very good with Little Ghee in Sambar or Curry.
First time you might feel weird but with a constant use you will gradually feel its properties and love to have.
For 3 people:
- Pour water in a pan, sprinkle 1 tbsp Finger Millet Flour/Ragi Flour (don’t stir)
- Switch on the stove, keep it in high flame.
- When it starts to boil (turn to low flame) slowly add ragi flour with constant stirring.
- Break up any lumps.
- Close the lid, cook for 5min in low flame.
- Switch off the flame, mix well.
- Take medium size dough.
- Wet your hand & a plate with little water.
- With the wet hand press the dough against the plate and keep rolling to make it round balls.
Note: Balls should be done when it is hot.
- Ragi balls are ready to serve with any curry.
- Dip it in curry & swallow it.
To buy “Read To Eat Indian Foods” Here
To buy “Indian Spice Powders” Here
Loved the Recipe? then +1 it :P